Essential Oil Meditations
Connect deeply with individual essential oils, and use aromatics to deepen your connection with yourself. These meditations will be released every second Monday of the month, featuring a new oil each time.
For more of a left-brained approach on the chemistry, therapeutics, and safety of these essential oils, be sure to watch the Essential Oil Explorations. Then experience these oils with our Favorite Recipes.
These meditations are created to help engage your creativity and intuition, a necessary complement to exploring the oils through books and outside education.
How to get the most out of your explorations:
- Have the essential oil Nyssa is talking about available for smelling. There are a few ways to do this:
- Place a drop on a tissue, cotton ball, cotton pad, or scent strip.
- Dilute a few drops into ½ oz. of the carrier of your choice, and use a little on your hands, chest, etc.
- Place up to 20 drops in 1 oz. of water in a spray bottle; shake and spray to scent the room (or into your hands for inhalation).
- Read the meditations and/or watch the accompanying video.
- Find a quiet place (if available), turn off your phone, and give yourself the space for quiet peace with your oil and your breath.
- Have a journal nearby to write down some thoughts that arise. Or reflect on your experience with the oil and/or your mind. Use the questions in the meditation as prompts.
Ylang embodies the all-consuming power of love with its persistently powerful floral scent. Explore more of what your heart desires with this Ylang Meditation.
One of the great “balancers,” Geranium embodies a dance between the masculine and the feminine—reminding us to find time for both rest and play.
When you’re feeling overexcited and stretched thin, Blue Tansy can help you come back to center, cultivate calmness, and find your focus.
Honor the nourishment of your roots in this Sandalwood Meditation with Nyssa.
The fragrant green scent of Spruce has the ability to transport us beyond our usual ground-level thinking. This coniferous tree refreshes the mind while grounding us in the here and now.
Find the light within the darkness with the powerful scent of Jasmine Absolute.
Cinnamon Bark is an oil that can warm the skin as well as your heart. Enjoy this Cinnamon Meditation with Nyssa.
Cistus helps us find the resources within to seek change. It transforms a sense of emptiness into one of spaciousness. Enjoy this Cistus Meditation with Nyssa.
Learn to find peace after the pain of separation with this healing meditation with Helichrysum.
Explore your childhood memories with our Orange Meditation.
Use the soft, sweet, and refreshing scent of Petitgrain to uncover the meaning of your dreams.
Let Neroli expand your awareness and see choices when none feel present with this meditation on finding sweetness.
Gently open your heart with the scent of Rose and this guided meditation.
Let Patchouli guide you on an inner journey with this guided meditation.
New to meditation? Need a refresher? Nyssa shares a few tips on getting yourself to sit and be.