This is a detailed course for self-study in Aromatherapy with over 500 fully-referenced pages of text. It is designed to be taken at the student’s own pace over a period of three to six months. Although geared toward professional medical health care providers (health care practitioners, doctors, chiropractors, estheticians, nurses, massage therapists, etc.), the course is easily assimilated by business owners, student beginners or the layperson who simply desires a better quality of life by using nature’s fragrances. This course is considered the most well-referenced, wide-ranging, comprehensive, and detailed course available, and stands alone in the marketplace.
Package 1 – Aromatherapy Practitioner Course: $999.00
With this option, you will have the course material for 200 hours worth of course work. You work at your own pace and send assignments in as you complete them. This is a full course that will give you the basis you need to sit for the ARC exam and become a Registered Aromatherapist. You will have:
- Course Binder:
- over 500 pages of course-specific information.
- product formulations, many tables, charts, references, and sufficient resources to enable the student to begin successfully and, more importantly, safely exploring the world of essential oils and aromatherapy.
- a chapter summary and practice questions are included at the end of each section. A one-hundred question exam must be completed, and ten short essays are to be returned to the Institute for grading and to earn a diploma.
- 31 sample vials of essential oils and materials to complete the worksheets
Aromatherapy Practitioner Course info:
The majority of course material is based on current scientific research, and is very highly referenced throughout. Current theories in aromatherapy teaching are also explored.
A Certificate Diploma from The Atlantic Institute of Aromatherapy listing all subjects covered and the 200 hours of study will be presented upon successful completion of the write-in exam, essays, and/or case studies and research paper. In this respect, “certification” refers to “meeting the educational requirements to complete a course of study” and in no way implies license to diagnose, prescribe, or treat. Students will NOT be ‘licensed’ to do anything, as aromatherapy is not licensed yet in any state or on a national level. In other words, students can practice aromatherapy under current licenses (i.e., massage, esthetic, medical, etc.) according to individual state laws. In addition, students will have adequate training to add aromatherapy treatments in a safe and efficacious manner.
This course with Practitioner Module (100 hours) exceeds the suggested educational guidelines of the National Association of Holistic Aromatherapists. Therapists and students will qualify to sit for the upcoming Aromatherapy Registry Council national exam and become a Registered Aromatherapist.
- The nature of aromatherapy; types practiced, educational resources available.
- Tools: Essential oils – the commodity; production processes, quality, purity, and adulteration. Available essential oils, buying guidelines, types available on today’s market.
- Chemistry: Essential oil chemistry – terpene biosynthesis, oil components.
- Therapeutics: The major properties of essential oils in human physiology with references (8 pages of scientific references)
- Physical Effects: Effect of essential oils on human physiology – pharmacology, body systems effects, specific uses for individual essential oils
- Mental effects: Effect of essential oils on the human brain – psycho-aromatherapy – function of odor, brain and olfaction, the limbic link to memory, mood and emotion.
- Treatment methods and applications: Internal & external in the form of: massage, (skincare, hair and nails) with water in baths (compress, salts, spray, body wrap), inhalation (micro-diffusion).
- Blending and perfumery: Principles of perfumery along with blending basics and how to
- Safety: Irritation, sensitization, phototoxicity, contraindications, detailed safety data and toxicity studies.
- Appendix including several articles, Common name index, Taxonomic Index, Gras list of EO, Glossary, Untested oil Index.
**Student will be added to the student forum and Course Material sent after 50% of the course has been paid**