Our Aromatherapy Practitioner Course is perfect for the student who yearns to build a strong foundation in the study of aromatherapy.
This 300-hour home-study course includes:
- Course Material: Over 500 fully-referenced pages covering:
- The nature of aromatherapy; types practiced; with educational resources available.
- Tools: Essential oils – the commodity; production processes, quality, purity, and adulteration. Available essential oils, buying guidelines, types available on today’s market.
- Chemistry: Essential oil chemistry – terpene biosynthesis, oil components.
- Therapeutics: The major essential oil properties in human physiology with references (8 pages of scientific references).
- Physical effects: Effects of essential oils on human physiology – pharmacology, effects on body systems, specific uses for individual essential oils.
- Mental effects: Effects of essential oils on the human brain – psycho-aromatherapy – function of odor, brain and olfaction, the limbic link to memories, moods, and emotions.
- Treatment methods and applications: Internal & external in the form of: massage, skin care, hair, and nails; water in baths, compresses, salts, sprays, body wraps; and inhalation (micro-diffusion).
- Blending and perfumery: Principles of perfumery along with blending basics and how-tos.
- Safety: Irritation, sensitization, phototoxicity, contraindications, detailed safety data, and toxicity studies.
- Appendix including several articles, common name index, taxonomic index, GRAS list of EOs, glossary, and untested oil index.
- Practitioner Module: Directions and support for completing 10 case studies and 1 research paper.
- 31 sample vials of essential oils and materials to complete the worksheets
- Access to our online Student Forum: Lifetime access to an online community of teachers, graduates, and current students—where we keep the learning going (and have some fun, too).
- ***NEW*** Online Study Sessions for each chapter. Learn with Sylla, Nyssa, and the whole crew in our online study sessions.