Our Aromatherapy Practitioner Course is perfect for the student who yearns to build a strong foundation in the study of aromatherapy.
This 300-hour home-study course includes:
- Course Material: Over 500 fully-referenced pages covering:
- The nature of aromatherapy; types practiced, with educational resources available.
- Tools: Essential oils – the commodity; production processes, quality, purity, and adulteration. Available essential oils, buying guidelines, types available on today’s market.
- Chemistry: Essential oil chemistry – terpene biosynthesis, oil components.
- Therapeutics: The major properties of essential oils in human physiology with references (8 pages of scientific references)
- Physical effects: Effects of essential oils on human physiology – pharmacology, body systems effects, specific uses for individual essential oils
- Mental effects: Effects of essential oils on the human brain – psycho-aromatherapy – function of odor, brain and olfaction, the limbic link to memories, moods, and emotions.
- Treatment methods and applications: Internal & external in the form of: massage, skincare, hair, and nails; water in baths, compress, salts, spray, body wrap; and inhalation (micro-diffusion).
- Blending and perfumery: Principles of perfumery along with blending basics and how-to
- Safety: Irritation, sensitization, phototoxicity, contraindications, detailed safety data, and toxicity studies.
- Appendix including several articles, common name index, taxonomic index, gras list of EO, glossary, untested oil index.
- Practitioner Module: Directions and support for completing 10 case studies and 1 research paper.
- 31 sample vials of essential oils and materials to complete the worksheets
- Student Forum: Lifetime access to an online community of teachers, graduates, and current students, where we keep the learning going (and have some fun, too).
- Inner Sanctum Membership: All students receive a 1-year subscription (over $190 value!) to our aromatherapy membership site, which includes in-depth lessons, interviews, and exclusive videos.
** Student will be added to the Student Forum and Course Materials will be sent after 50% of the course has been paid for. **