Our Aromatherapy Practitioner Course is perfect for the student who yearns to build a strong foundation in the study of aromatherapy.
This 300-hour home-study course includes:
- Course Material: Over 500 fully-referenced pages covering:
- The nature of aromatherapy and types practiced, with educational resources available.
- Tools: Essential oils – the commodity; production processes, quality, purity, and adulteration. Available essential oils, buying guidelines, types available on today’s market.
- Chemistry: Essential oil chemistry – terpene biosynthesis, oil components.
- Therapeutics: The major essential oil properties in human physiology with references (8 pages of scientific references).
- Physical effects: Effects of essential oils on human physiology – pharmacology, effects on body systems, specific uses for individual essential oils.
- Mental effects: Effects of essential oils on the human brain – psycho-aromatherapy – function of odor, brain and olfaction, the limbic link to memories, moods, and emotions.
- Treatment methods and applications: Internal & external in the form of: massage, skin care, hair, and nails; water in baths, compresses, salts, sprays, body wraps; and inhalation (micro-diffusion).
- Blending and perfumery: Principles of perfumery along with blending basics and how-tos.
- Safety: Irritation, sensitization, phototoxicity, contraindications, detailed safety data, and toxicity studies.
- Appendix including several articles, common name index, taxonomic index, GRAS list of EOs, glossary, and untested oil index.
- Practitioner Module: Directions and support for completing 10 case studies and 1 research paper.
- 31 sample vials of essential oils and materials to complete the worksheets
- Access to our Online Student Forum: Lifetime access to an online community of teachers, graduates, and current students—where we keep the learning going (and have some fun, too).
- Video Study Sessions for each chapter. Learn with Sylla, Nyssa, and the whole crew in our video study sessions.
- Summer Immersion Bonuses:
- Weekly Reminders about study sessions and hands-on at home assignments to deepen your practice.
- Monthly Live Q&A, where you can talk to Nyssa and Sylla about your wins, challenges, and questions on aromatherapy.
- Advanced Practitioner Training Online Course ($500 Value!)
- Bonus Webinars: Essential Practices for Aromatherapists, Effective Communication: How We All Can Learn from Each Other, and Marketing for Aromatherapists: Make a Living Sharing What You Love. ($300 Value!)
- Full-Year Membership to the Inner Sanctum ($150 Value!)
- Kit of Essential Oils and aromatherapy products from Upward Spiral ($100 Value!)
- Digital Downloads of the Aromatic Spa Book and the Aromatic Mind Book ($80 Value!)
Sign up by April 30th to join us for our Summer Immersion starting May 4th.