There is a lot of confusion in the world of Aromatherapy and its tools, the essential oils. The Aromatherapy Practitioner Reference Manual is a compilation of many combined years research and practical experience and clarifies about 350 of the most commonly offered essential oils (and absolutes) in today’s marketplace. Finally, a book to end the confusion in the world of aromatics and their uses in healing.
Two Volumes, 575 pages, Softcover 8 1/2″ x 11, Spiral ring bound for opening flat, ISBN O-9643-1410-X
After a Forward discussing aromatherapy as practiced today there are sections on the following:
- Delivery Methods: 24 formulation entries, internal, external, discussion on skin absorption.
- Carriers & Additives: 33 entries, including vegetal oils, tinctures, infusions; also clays & algae
- Safety Considerations: safety data with references
- Common Name Index: search by common name and include the following indexes
- Phytochemical Index: over 600 entries; chemical constituents, with their known biological activity, toxicology and essential oil (and aqueous solution) sources
- Clinical Index: over 400 entries lists all biological terms or indications (e.g. anti-viral, migraine), definitions and plant sources. Following the clinical uses, the Esoteric uses are cross-referenced in the Mental/Emotional/Psychic & Magical Index, Chakra and Ayruvedic correlations.
- Taxonomic Index: is included for cross-references of over 76 Botanical Families of essential oil producing plants.
- Includes glossary, a selected bibliography, authors biography and a registration card.
The Aromatherapy Chart is a quick overview of 350 essential oils in botanical order and includes:
- Common names, plant part, botanical family, country of origin, extraction method, product form, & availability
- Biochemistry class & active constituents
- Traditional and Esoteric uses clarified with notations such as:
- documented action
- no evidence found
- internal use
- herbal extract
- medical diagnosis required
- Body systems activity of oil in modern aromatic medicinal usage:
- nervous (brain/mind)
- Safety data toxicity, irritation, sensitivity, phototoxicity, allergies; cross-reactions and contra-indications; no formal testing.
Please note: This book is non-refundable due to copyright. We offer replacement for goods damaged in transit only. If you are unsure, please contact us to be sure the book is a good fit for you.